Worker attachments in Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations refer to the ability to attach various types of documents and files to an employee’s profile within the HR system. This feature allows HR professionals and managers to store important employee-related documents in a central location, providing easy access to this information when needed.
Some examples of the types of worker attachments that can be added to an employee’s profile in Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations include:
- Resumes and CVs: These documents can be attached to an employee’s profile to provide an overview of their work experience, education, and qualifications.
- Certifications and licenses: Documents related to an employee’s certifications or licenses, such as a nursing license or professional certification, can be attached to their profile.
- Performance reviews: Performance review documents can be attached to an employee’s profile to provide a record of their performance over time.
- Disciplinary actions: If an employee has received a warning or disciplinary action, documents related to the incident can be attached to their profile.
- Emergency contacts: Emergency contact information for an employee can be attached to their profile for quick and easy access in the event of an emergency.
To use worker document attachment entity, you must have 10.0.32 version installed in your system.
How to export worker attachments
Step 1: Go to Data management workspace > Click on export tile.
Step 2: Provide the group name, description.
Step 3: Add an entity – Worker document attachments.
Step 4: Click on export now.
Step 5: Once the export is succeeded, download the package.
How to import worker attachments
Step 1: Extract the package, edit the excel and remove the existing entries
Step 2: Add the below details
1. DocumentID – Generate the new guid and add in excel
2. FileName – Add file name
3. FileType – Add file type. For example, docx, txt, pdf, etc.
4. Name – Name of the file
5. Person – Add the person recid of the employee.
Note: You can get personRecId from below location.
6. PersonnelNumber – Add the personnel number of the worker
7. FileContentsFileName – This must be your filename.extension. For example, BenjaminCV.docx
Your file must look like below after adding the above information in the excel.
Step 3: Copy your file to Resources > Your Folder name > filename.extension
Step 4: Select all files in the folder and make it zip.
Step 5: Go to Data management workspace and click on import tile.
Step 6: Provide the group name and description
Step 7: Add file, select source data format as Package and upload the zip file as package
Step 8: Click on import now.
Step 9: Once the import is successful, verify the data for the Benjamin.
By allowing HR professionals and managers to attach various types of documents and files to an employee’s profile, Dynamics 365 HR provides a centralized location for all employee-related information. This helps to streamline HR processes and ensures that important information is readily available when needed.
Help your colleagues and peers streamline by sharing this informative article on how to import worker attachments in Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations.
Spread the knowledge and improve productivity in your workplace!