Dynamics 365 F&O allows users to embed reports within the application, making it easy to access important data and insights without having to switch between different systems. Embedded reports are created using Microsoft’s Power BI reporting platform and can be customized to meet the specific needs of the user.
How to edit embedded reports in analytical workspaces
To embed a report in Dynamics 365 F&O, you first need to create the report in Power BI. Once the report is created, you can publish it to the Power BI service and configure it to be embedded in Dynamics 365 F&O. This involves setting up an app workspace in Power BI, granting access to the workspace for Dynamics 365 F&O users, and configuring the report’s embedding settings.
Once the report is embedded, users can access it directly from within Dynamics 365 F&O. Reports can be embedded on various forms, dashboards, and workspaces, allowing users to access the information they need in the context of their work.
Points to consider
- Customizations are limited to the report design canvas. Users can’t change the definitions of report data sets.
- Report customizations that are made to the analytical workspace apply to all users in the environment.
- The service automatically preserves report customizations during product upgrades.
- The service doesn’t support the export of customizations that are made to analytical workspaces
How to customize workspace in Dynamics 365 F&O
User should have an access to System report editor role to customize the embedded application workspace.
- Login to Dynamics and open a workspace which you wants to customize. For example, Personnel management workspace.
2. Select the Analytics tab to access the workspace’s embedded analytical report.
3. Click on Options > Power BI > Edit Analytics
4. Once you click on Edit Analytics then you can see the workspace is open in edit mode and you have direct access to Power BI web designer tools just like Power BI desktop.
Now, you can change the design of existing graphs as well as you can add fields to the report.
5. Once you are done with changes then click on Save button to publish your changes.
Embedded reports offer several benefits for Dynamics 365 F&O users. They provide a streamlined and convenient way to access important data, reducing the need to switch between different systems. They also allow users to view data in real-time and make informed decisions based on the latest information. Additionally, embedded reports can be customized to meet the specific needs of the user, providing a more personalized experience.
Help your colleagues and peers streamline their access to critical data by sharing this informative article on Embedded reports in Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations. Spread the knowledge and improve productivity in your workplace!